- Affordable, full-featured CAD package.
- Directly reads and writes AutoCAD® drawing and DXF files without translation.
- Takes full advantage of the power of Microsoft Windows® 95 and Windows NT.
- Simple for new users, yet powerful for experienced users.
- Complete customization with OLE Automation using your favorite programming language.
Overview of Features and Capabilities
SoftSource Virtual Drafter (Vdraft) is designed to deliver unprecedented drawing efficiency and productivity for
new and experienced CAD users. Vdraft richly integrates elegant, professional
drafting tools and output capabilities.
- The industry standard for compatibility with the AutoCAD file formats. Vdraft reads and writes AutoCAD native DWG and DXF file formats--directly without
translation, thus ensuring that the original AutoCAD drawing information and
integrity are maintained. In fact, Vdraft sets the current industry standard with
this unique compatibility milestone: not even AutoCAD itself reads DXF format without
- Robust, native 32-bit architecture that fully utilizes the enhanced
performance of Microsoft Windows 95/Microsoft Windows NT. Vdraft taps into the
increased stability, speed, and accuracy of the latest Microsoft Windows technology,
including networking, email, Multiple Document Interface (MDI) for supporting
multiple drawing files open at once, and OLE 2.0 connectivity with the full suite of
certified Windows-compliant applications.
- Easy-to-learn/easy-to-use, streamlined tool/command structure. Vdraft
is functionally equivalent to much of AutoCAD's core functionality, but streamlines--indeed,
avoids!--the multiple tiers of redundant commands that have crept into
AutoCAD over several releases. In addition, Vdraft's more elegantly designed tools
incorporate state-of-the-art GUI, such as intelligent pop-up menus and flicks.
Vdraft's guiding design philosophy is based on providing tools that place the
appropriate functionality, power, and efficiency right at the user's fingertips.
- Truly versatile programmability via revolutionary OLE 2.0 Automation and
Vdraft's open architecture. Vdraft's full support of OLE Automation allows
complete customization via a single programming language--for example, Microsoft
Visual Basic®, Borland Delphi, Visual C++, or any other preferred Windows development
tool. Vdraft totally eliminates the necessity of learning numerous programming
protocols to create custom CAD solutions.
DWG and DXF Compatibility
Tools and User Interface
Product Fact Sheet
Become a 'Vdraft Partner'
Vdraft Third Party Applications
More Information. . .
Related pages. . .
SoftSource Home Page
© 1996 SoftSource